Rose & Kat | S1Ep2.3 | The conscience of the Dreams

 PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH

Friday, May 17

Dear Diary,

This week went by so quickly! Perhaps it seemed that way because it had been a week of intense work and a great deal of effort. However, the results were beginning to show, and our satisfaction was obvious.

With the chosen materials ready, we moved on to producing the pieces. I had already sketched out some of the designs, but, in order to move on to pattern-making, I needed our models' measurements. That way, I could continue perfecting my technique of customising each piece, rather than using standard measurements.

We took advantage of the fact that the girls were all together at band rehearsal so that we could take their measurements. Our excuse was that, “with their measurements, the brand would be able to choose the pieces that suited each of them best.” I know it wasn't very convincing, but Joan, with her clothing tips, somehow managed to come up with a better explanation and, before rehearsal even began, we had already recorded all the measurements on the individual forms I had created for each of them.

Back home, I watched another day come to an end. But, even before I could close my eyes for the well-deserved rest I had been longing for, I still had my school homework to do.

Joan and I had agreed that, at weekends, we would do our homework on Friday evenings. And, with the exams just around the corner, we planned two hours of study on each of the following days. That way, we would have Saturday and Sunday well organised, with enough time available to work on the pieces without falling behind with our studies.

After a week, we had even more work completed, and our anticipation of seeing the final results was growing stronger and stronger. Our absence from the girls' rehearsals was beginning to be noticed, as we were using every spare moment to work on the pieces.

And I was worried about not having an open explanation to give our best friends. What held us back was the fear of getting in the way of their plans. In their generosity, they would divide themselves among as many tasks as necessary, even if it meant giving up something as important to them as band rehearsals.

But neither Joan nor I wanted to burden them, keeping this as our own responsibility and, in a way, as a fun escape for the girls. They love fashion accessories, trying on new clothes, makeup, hairstyles… As Joan says, they love “just being a girl!”

(Full Moon) Saturday, May 25

By nine in the morning, the two of us were already hard at work cutting and sewing. By lunchtime, we had all the patterns finished.

We left the sewing room and took our backpacks downstairs. We had expected the urge to get more work done on the pieces to make it difficult for us to concentrate on studying. However, the fact that we had carefully planned the three hours ahead freed us from that anxious state, allowing us to have time to help prepare lunch, eat, clean the kitchen, and study.

Perhaps it was the order of events that really helped calm our minds.

By the end of the afternoon, before we said our goodbyes, the first pieces were already taking their final shape. I think that was when we truly began to realise the scale of what we were doing.

“We’re creating a collection to open the end-of-year ball!”

Rose: I can't believe we're actually doing this!

Joan: You'd better believe it, because we are. It's exciting, isn't it? We're going to open the ball with a fashion show! How amazing is that!?

Rose: Thank you for helping me, Joan.

Joan: I'll be here again tomorrow. We're going to make it, you'll see.

My heart hoped that it would be so, because now it was all or nothing. We had to prove worthy of the vote of confidence that had been placed in us.

Once again, as I fell asleep, I saw myself shining on the runway, mastering every step with such confidence. In my dream, the girls were just as excited as I was, radiant with their achievements…

But this was only in my dream…

>>>><<<< 

With the full moon in the sky, something mystical was unfolding in the night.

In Joan's bedroom, while she slept, her mind wandered to other places as she heard a voice whisper to her:

— Remember who you are, Joan!

She heard someone calling her name, while she saw herself beside me, arriving at the sports hall on a training day.

When we entered the building, everything behind us began to disappear, and a gigantic hall appeared before us. Our clothes had changed. They looked like clothes from a few centuries ago.

In another whisper, Joan heard:

— Stella…

Coming towards us were figures covered in black cloaks. One of them was carrying an ancient book, and it seemed to have the words “Malleus Maleficarum” written on its cover.

As soon as she noticed those words, Joan screamed:

— Katarina, run, run!

In her dream, she couldn't escape. I was seized by the figures in black. Joan struggled to break free and ran towards me, but it was too late…

She heard a very faint voice:

— Rebecca…

My execution was the last image Joan saw before waking up in complete shock.

Joan: Anastacia, no, NOOOO!

Carol: Joan! It's all right! It's all right! I'm here with you.

Joan: Carol, Rose… I saw her… She…

Carol: It was just a nightmare. It's over now. Everything's all right!

Carol's words seemed to calm Joan, but she sensed that something was coming. She sensed that I was in danger.

The voices, this energy she could feel, her dreams about other eras with the faces of the present… She knew it. They were signs.

Our lives were about to change.

And what the future had in store for us, we could never have predicted!

With care, Rose

[S1Ep2.4 | Set a Goal and Reach for it]

[S1Ep2.2 | My Reflection]

Comments

Popular Posts