Rose & Kat | T1Ep2.10 | The Adventure started
PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH
Wednesday, June
12
Dear Diary,
I feel completely shattered…
if it’s even possible to imagine being shattered in a strangely good way. I
barely managed to get a few hours of rest last night.
I got up early to carry on
working and, halfway through the morning, headed to my shift at the Fair. By afternoon
snack time, I was back home, waiting for Joan to finish her shift so she could
join me in making the final pieces of jewellery.
Despite how tired I was, I
felt good about the work I was doing. I could barely contain my excitement as I
waited for Joan. I wanted to show her the progress I’d made. I needed a
perspective beyond my own…
Rose:
Joan, you’re here!
Joan:
And I brought the supplies that were missing. Make a list of everything you’ve
already made and everything that’s still left to do. Then check whether the
supplies I brought are enough. We’re only a few days away from the fashion
show, and nothing can go wrong.
Rose:
I’ve already made the lists, Joan. If you give me the list of supplies I asked
you for, I can check whether anything is missing.
Joan:
Okay! Good. Here, take it.
Rose:
So, what’s going on? Usually I’m the nervous one, and today it’s the other way
around?
Joan:
No, I’m not nervous, just anxious! I won’t be able to come tomorrow. You’re not
upset with me, are you?
Rose:
Of course not. But is everything okay? You’ve seemed a little on edge these
past few weeks.
Joan: I
need to clear up a few things, so I’m going to take tomorrow after school to go
to the library.
Rose:
Okay! I’ll get ahead with whatever I can, but please, please, don’t miss
Friday.
Joan:
I’ll be there. I promise…
Joan has been very mysterious
lately. I can see how hard she’s trying to keep herself composed, but her eyes
give her away. I don’t know what’s going on because she won’t tell me. She’s
never been one to keep secrets from me, and that makes me a little uneasy.
I want to ask her directly
what’s going on, but I can’t shake the feeling that she needs time to talk
about whatever it is that’s been bothering her.
Sometimes, I catch myself
thinking:
“Maybe she wants to give up on
our project. Perhaps she has other plans for the summer and is afraid to tell
me.”
Seeing her like this makes so
many thoughts run through my mind. If that were the reason behind her
behaviour, I needed to tell her that everything was okay, so she wouldn’t
worry. This past month has been incredible. I’ve loved being so deeply and
intensely involved in all the work we’ve done…
Opening the dance with a
fashion show has been a real challenge. They’ve been long, demanding weeks, and
Joan’s support has meant so much to me. But we’re on the home stretch now, and
I could no longer hide my excitement as I saw the results of all our hard work.
Maybe that was why Joan was
planning to wait until the End-of-Year Ball was over before telling me whatever
it was that had been keeping her awake at night.
If the end of the school year
also meant the end of our partnership in this little adventure, I would still
be deeply grateful to her: for her encouragement, for the challenges she had
given me and, above all, for her friendship.
With care, Rose


_Blog.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment