Rose & Kat | S1Ep1.7 | A Moment to Life

 PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH   

[...]

Monic was quick to step in regarding Dianne’s question, because the last time we had all gone shopping together for something special was around Christmas. At the time, I had only bought a small souvenir that reminded me of something Mum had mentioned, and since I had managed to save enough, I wanted to do something nice for her.

Dianne insisted so much that I should get something else... It was nothing special, she wanted me to take a present for Charlie as well. She even said she would pay for the presents if necessary, which eventually turned into an argument and completely ruined our “shopping trip”!

I know… typical teenage drama: fighting for independence, pride, wanting to prove yourself...

What she didn’t know was that I had already made Charlie’s present.

I had heard him say several times that he wanted a beanie to match his gloves, but that he couldn’t find one in blue and light-grey stripes. So, I asked Mum for some yarn and made his present myself.

To me, giving someone a gift has to mean something. It’s not about whether it’s cheap or expensive, big or small, but about making a difference, about having some importance to the person receiving it.

When I explained this to Dianne, she understood. She also apologised, because she never meant to hurt or offend me in any way. She was only trying to help, nothing more.

Monic: Dianne doesn’t mean any harm.

Rose: I know, Monic. Don’t worry, it’s all right. I love spending time with my best friends. Going shopping with you is always so much fun.

While Monic and I walked towards the seafront, carrying the shopping bags, Dianne, Joan and Sofie went to get some ice creams for all of us. They were back in no time, though, and Joan caught the last few words I said.

Joan: That’s certainly true.

Dianne: Here are the ice creams.

It wasn’t quite the shopping afternoon we had planned, but the view was just as fascinating.

We sat close to the gentle waves breaking along the shore, as the tide was out, each of us holding an ice cream and enjoying the delicious taste of wild berries while taking in the view as the first colours of sunset began to spread across the sky.

Rose: What could possibly be better than sharing moments like this with our best friends!?

Joan: Sharing a moment like this with our best friends, while eating a delicious ice cream.

Everyone: Ahahaha!

And it is these little moments, truly, that make life’s obstacles and difficulties seem insignificant.

It is the magic of nature’s wonders gently surrounding us, together with the unconditional support of the people we love, that makes everything else fade into the background.

[...]


Comments

Popular Posts