Rose & Kat | S1Ep1.6 | The Fascination of the Masks

 PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH   

[...]

As agreed, after classes, the girls and I met up so we could go shopping together. Here in the city, there is a little bit of everything, from small business to large stores. And right in the centre, next to Monic’s mother’s antique shop, there is a store dedicated entireely to parties and costumes. It is a dream world.

From the outside, it looks small and simple. However, the moment you step inside, your whole  perception of it changes. There are areas arranged around different themes, each one carefully detailed, and depending on the festive season being featured, you can feel its atmosphere throughout the entire shop. It is truly an invitation to step inside and explore.

And we did! Excitement took hold of us, and the fascination of beginning our exploration had already set in. There were countless costumes, clothes from other eras, outfits inspired by other creatures, in shapes as varied as their colours and sizes... We wouldn't be leaving here anytime soon, I thought, eager to see more.

We didn't get very far into the shop, because as soon as we went up the stairs, we found the displays of masquerade masks near the entrance, and those became our focus. And how brightly they shone! Their charm seemed to whisper softly, calling us to try them on. We were so fascinated that their beauty was reflected in the joyful sparkle eyes of each one of us.


Rose: They're beautiful!

Joan: I want this one. Girls, come and have a look.

Dianne: I've already chosen mine too.

Sofie: There's so much to choose from... How am I supposed to decide? I don't think I've ever been to a masquerade ball.

Monic: And each one is more beautiful than the last.

Dianne: Sofie, that one is perfect for you. — She said, pointing to the blue one.

Sofie: It is. I love blue. I'll take it!

Monic: I liked the diamonds-shaped one!

Dianne: Rose, have you chosen yours yet?

Rose: No, I'm not taking one! I already have mine.

Monic: Girls, what do you say to a walk along the beach? We can start enjoying the summer that's just around the corner!

Dianne: Aren't we going to the dres...

Joan: Great idea, Monic! Come on, girls.

Sofie: Yes, let's go! Otherwise, we'll end up losing track of time in here.

I felt a little bad, I confess. They had been quicker than usual, and I was afraid it was because of me. I was saving money for Joan's present. Still, coming shopping together is wonderful, I always learn a little more about their tastes.

While the girls finished their purchases, I looked around, admiring every section of the shop. There really was something about this place that captivated me, something that made me feel whole. It was an extraordinary feeling and, just like that, out of nowhere, my mood had lifted.

When we left the shop, I had the feeling that I had left something behind, which was odd, because the only thing I had with me was the key to my locker...

[...]

 

Comments

Popular Posts