Rose & Kat | S11Ep1.5 | Joan and her ideas

 PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH   

Tuesday, April 23rd

Dear Diary,

The day started early today. I had my morning snack at the bar and then headed towards the classroom. I sat on the windowsill, as usual, while waiting for the girls, who had gone ahead to leave their things on their desks, making sure they secured their favourite spots, and for Joan, whom I could already see at the far end of the corridor.

Sofie: Have you noticed Rose's coin purses?

Dianne: No, why?

Sofie: They're so cute and cheerful! Yesterday she had one in one colour, and today she's carrying another... You have to see them!

The girls were chatting as they left the classroom, just as they crossed paths with Joan.

Joan: Hey! Let's go to Rose!

Dianne: Just in a second. Monic, hurry up.

As Joan walked past the girls, she couldn't help but overhear what they were talking about. And, being Joan, she immediately had an idea.

Joan: Well, your little coin purses are starting to become quite a hit.

Rose: Why did you said that?

Joan: Sofie liked them so much that she was just talking about them... Hmm... Rose!

Rose: Yes, Joan! — I exclaimed, already expecting one of those wild ideas that only Joan could come up with.

Joan: You're really talented. Have you ever thought about making a few pieces to sell?

Rose: I'm going to open a shop selling nothing but coin purses. — And, wasn't that just the sort of extravagant idea only Joan could come up with?

Rose and Joan: Hahaha.


As we played around with the idea, the girls came closer. And the subject quickly changed.

Dianne: Girls, shopping after class, right?

Joan: Absolutely! Yesterday's rehearsal was amazing! What do you say about singing at my birthday party?

Monic: That would be great. The more people we introduce to our band, the better! Don't you think, girls?

Dianne and Sofie: Of course!

Dianne: Are there any particular songs you'd like us to play?

Joan: Yes! Yours. They're great. I love them.

Dianne: Okay! During tomorrow's rehearsal, we'll plan a little mini-concert together, then.

Sofie: Great. If you want, I can take care of the lighting.

Joan: Thanks, Sofie. I can already picture it... — With a gesture of her hand, she continued describing it. — ...A small stage at the back of the garden, the trees decorated with little lights, torches scattered around to enhance the lighting, little mask details incorporated into the decorations...

Driiiing!

The sound of the bell interrupted her speech, but her words had us all dreaming about the setting.

Joan: Can you picture it?

Monic: You'd better write it down.

Rose: Believe me, she won't forget it!

[...]

Comments

Popular Posts