Rose & Kat | S1Ep1.8 | The Dream’s place
PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH
[...]
After the
beach, we went back to school to pick up our backpacks and then headed home.
While doing
my homework, I couldn’t stop
thinking about what Joan had said: - “You're really talented. Have you ever thought
about making a few pieces to sell?”
Joan and her
ideas...
Even though
she had said it in a joke tone, the idea had captivated me. When I closed my
eyes, I could picture a space filled with my creations. The more I dreamed, the
bigger the dream became… Fashion shows, photo shoots, catalogues filled with my
designs...
As soon as I
opened my eyes, reality settled in. I knew it would be impossible. So why dream
about it?!
Because, at
least in my dreams, I could have a refuge for my desires. A space of my own,
where reality could meet the fantasies I long most to bring to life.
I wasn’t
brave and fearless like Joan. To make this dream come true, I would have to be
the centre of attention, and for me, that’s worse than a horror movie. My whole
body freezes, and I lose control.
That is my
greatest fear.
And my fears
and doubts were sometimes strong enough to make me doubt myself.
I make things
for myself because I know what I like. If I were making them to sell, I
wouldn’t know where to start.
It’s just another
one of Joan’s ideas. A silly idea, I know!
But I didn’t have much time to dwell on it because this week was absolute
flurry!
With Joan’s
birthday approaching, between classes, training, band rehearsals, and preparing
for exams, I still managed to find time to make her birthday present and join
the girls in helping decorate the party.
It’s turning
out amazing, with so many little details, exactly the way Joan likes it.
She had theories about practically everything, and
when it came to parties, one of her favourites was that the little details were
what made all the difference.
For Joan,
going over every detail two or three times isn’t a sacrifice, it’s dedication.
And that’s how she makes sure everything turns out exactly as she imagined it.
Her birthday
party was going to be “perfect”, in her own words!
With care, Rose
_Blog.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment