Rose & Kat | T1Ep1.9 | Joan’s Birthday Party
PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH
Sunday, May 5th
Dear
Diary,
The day has finally arrived.
As the afternoon drew to a
close, the gates of Joan’s house opened to welcome the guests to her birthday
party.
Joan: Hi, Rose! Come in.
Rose: So, are you almost ready?
Joan: Yes! Can you help me with the zipper?
Rose: Of course. I brought you a little present… — I handed her the wrapped gift
I was carrying and, while helping her fasten her dress, I added: — It’s simple,
but I hope you like it.
Joan: Oh, Rose, you really shouldn’t have. — She opened the
package and, a moment later, added: — It’s gorgeous! Okay, I take it back… you
absolutely should have! I love it!
She placed it carefully on the bed before throwing her
arms around me.
Joan: Thank you, bestie.
Rose: You’re welcome. Shall we go?
Joan: Just a minute, I have to put my sandals on. — She picked them up and sat
on the bed to put them on.
Rose: The garden looks amazing! And have you seen how many people have already
arrived?
Joan: I’m ready! Come on, let’s go. It’s party time!
As we made our way up the
garden towards the girls, Joan greeted the guests, thanking them for coming and
for wishing her a happy birthday.
For her, being surrounded by
so many people seems completely natural. She shines with joy under all the
attention she receives.
Joan: Hi, girls! Look what Rose gave me. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?
Sofie: It is. I’d already mentioned that I liked them. I love the colour
combination!
Dianne: They’re really cute, indeed. And this party is amazing. Happy birthday,
Joan.
Monic: You outdo yourself every year.
Joan: The more years go by, the more experience I get.
Everyone: Ahahaha!
Joan: Girls, I’ll be right back. — And, with a little bow, she said: — I’m off
to spread my charm.
Rose: And I’m going to get myself something to eat.
As I headed towards one of the
snack tables, close to where Joan was standing, the girls went back to talking
about the present I had made for Joan…
Sofie: Didn’t I tell you?
Dianne: They’re really cute. I wonder where she buys them!
Monic: Wait a minute. — She walked towards me. — Rose, we’re dying to know where
you bought the coin purses.
Rose: I didn’t buy them… — I began, but Joan, who had her
back to me, suddenly gave me a little nudge with her elbow, cutting me off. A
little flustered, I quickly added: — …My mum got them. I’ll ask her.
Monic: Okay, don’t forget.
Meanwhile, Dianne and Sofie
came over, while Joan went to get some small colourful glasses for us.
Joan: Jello shots, girls?
Everyone: Happy birthday, Joan!
We had barely finished raising our glasses to another
year of Joan’s life when her sister appeared with the birthday cake, leading
everyone into the birthday song.
And all this time, I’d
thought the birthday cake was the one placed beside the little boxes of
chocolates. Apparently, there was a second cake — a surprise one. How cool was
that?
Carol: ♫ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, many happy returns…♫
As Joan’s sister, Carol, made her way
through the crowd, birthday cake in hand, singing at the top of her lungs,
everyone gradually joined in.
And somehow, this simple little moment
in a teenage girl’s life became something completely magical.
Joan: “Wow… that’s a strange feeling…” — she thought as she felt an
energy rush through her body the moment she blew out the candles.
Joan: Everyone get together, selfie time!
There are moments far too
important to forget. Whether through words or images, we love recording them.
Joan: Are you girls ready to put on a show?
Sofie, Monic and Dianne: Let’s do this!
Joan: And now, a very special present from my best friends… Ladies and
gentlemen… put your hands together for… the FairyTailors!
[...]

_Blog.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment