Rose & Kat | S1Ep2.8 | We got your back
PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH
Friday, June 7
Dear Diary,
Next week
will be the last “official” week of classes. However, with the Festival and
Summer Projects Fair, the teachers choose to use these days to help students
with their questions and applications.
So, although
it is a time for important decisions, it also ends up being a much more relaxed
and fun week, which helps us unwind after the stress of the exams. And believe
me, after a week like this, we really need it! It was one exam after another.
Finally, Friday has arrived, which means we took our last exam of the school
year today.
Although I
was a little nervous, I felt confident. After all, every day Joan joined me to
work on the pieces for the fashion show, we also took the opportunity to study
together. I couldn’t afford to fail my exams. I promised Mum that my passion
for fashion design would not interfere with my studies. And I always keep my
word.
Rose:
And that’s it! That was our last exam of the year.
Monic:
Hallelujah!
Dianne:
This year went by so fast! In a week, it’ll be the end-of-year ball.
Rose:
Don’t even remind me.
Dianne:
So, Rose, you’re not coming to the ball?
Joan:
It’s not that at all. You know how shy she is. Since I’ll be walking in the
show too, Rose will be in charge of doing the presentation and representing the
brand. So to speak.
Rose:
Right! I’m still getting used to the idea.
Sofie:
Everything will be fine, you’ll see.
Monic:
We’ll be right by your side, no matter what.
Rose:
Thank you, girls. You’re amazing. I just hope it goes better than my speeches
in the classroom. I try to react, but… I don’t know how to explain this block.
No matter how much my mind goes over and over what I have to say and do, my
body simply doesn’t respond. And if I try to force it too much, well… you’ve
already seen what happens.
Joan:
Come on, Rose, cheer up! You have the whole Fair week to prepare.
Dianne:
I’ll ask for an extension to the permit so we can start rehearsing on Monday.
Monic:
Dianne already has a plan in mind…
Dianne: …Well,
we need to work on your focus, so that when you’re on stage, your fears don’t
get in the way. And the more familiar you become with the space, the more
comfortable you’ll feel.
Joan:
And we can use the opportunity to work on the hairstyles and makeup! What do you say?
Dianne:
That’s an excellent idea.
Joan:
This is going to be the best Fair week ever!
The
enthusiasm had returned to Joan’s eyes.
Throughout
the entire weekend, I completely forgot about my concerns regarding the changes
I had been gradually noticing in her. I couldn’t have imagined the suffering
she was going through. During those two days, she devoted herself
wholeheartedly to our project, hiding her emotions and masking her worries
behind her gentle smile.
We researched
several hairstyles and types of makeup to complete the outfits we had already
prepared. Between ideas, sketches, and experiments, the weekend flew by.
Sunday night
arrived and, as I waited for sleep to take hold of me, I found myself looking
at the sketches I had made, imagining the girls’ reactions the next day, during
our first rehearsal for the fashion show.
Perhaps this
was the week we needed. A week to focus on our dreams, support one another,
and, for a few moments, forget everything that was worrying us.
With care, Rose


_Blog.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment