Rose & Kat | S1Ep2.1 | Starting Small, Dreaming Big

 PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH

(New Moon) Friday, May 10

Dear Diary,

With the school year coming to an end, the summer holidays are just around the corner, and with them comes the end-of-year dance. This year, the theme is, believe it or not... “Summer Vacation.”

For an entire week, the “ballroom” — the gym — will host a fair where various summer job opportunities will be presented, along with information about the festivals planned for the season, as well as advice and safety guidelines on how to stay safe while attending them.

As you can imagine, Dianne is part of the Student Council. They are responsible for organising and decorating both the fair and the dance. And, of course, she asked us to help with the preparations. So, this month is going to be intense.

Between classes, studying for exams, training for the summer tournament, and getting everything ready for the dance, I still have to find time to work on the project with Joan.

Even though it’s Friday and the weekend is just around the corner, I don’t think these next two days are going to be much of a break. Quite the opposite.

I know it won’t be easy, but, as always, I’ll do my best.

 

Monday, May 13

A week after Joan convinced me to give our project a chance and we decided, together, to showcase my creations, I already had a few ideas down on paper.

One of them was to make the most of the school fair by displaying some of my accessories and getting our first taste of people’s reactions.

The preparations in the gym had already begun, so we went to help during lunch break. And while we were counting the items for the fair, I took the opportunity to share my idea with Joan...

Rose: Joan, what do you think about setting up a display stand during the fair?

Joan: Are you serious? That would be great! We could already start getting the word out. We need to think of a name... Wait! I’ve got it!

Rose: You’ve got what? What are you thinking...?

Joan: What if... don’t say no just yet... what if we opened the dance with a fashion show?

Rose: And how would we do that? We’d need permission, models, and time to plan and make the outfits. With just over a month until the dance, it’s impossible!

Joan: Rose, my dear Rose, nothing is impossible! With effort and dedication, anything can be achieved. So, what do you say?

Rose: I don’t know... I don’t think we’ll have enough time for everything. We have training, and we have to help with the decorations...

Joan: Exactly! The decorations are already being taken care of. I’ll talk to Dianne about getting permission. And as for the models, you have your best friends. — She looked over at Dianne and called out to her. — Dianne! Can you come over here for a second?

Dianne: What’s up, girls? What do you need?

Joan: This summer, Rose and I are going to represent a new brand. We’re in charge of promoting it. Would it be too last-minute to ask for permission to open the dance with a fashion show? It wouldn’t be anything too big, and it wouldn’t take up much of the scheduled programme. But it would help us tremendously.

Dianne: Hmm... I’ll have to talk to the Student Council president and ask the Principal for permission, but...

Rose: But...?

Dianne: I actually think it’s a great idea!

Joan: Just one more thing. We need models. Would you be willing to walk in the show with us?

Dianne: Of course! What are friends for? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, okay? I didn’t know you’d already found yourselves a summer job!

Joan: Sofie is going to work with her mother. You and Monic have all the preparations for the parties and fairs, on top of your rehearsals. You’ve already got most of your summer planned. When we came across this opportunity, we didn’t want to let it slip away...

Rose: It all happened so quickly!

Dianne: Oh, okay! I’ll see what I can do and let you know.

Joan: Thanks, Dianne!

Well... my idea was simply to set up a small display stand with a few pieces. But once I told Joan, she didn’t stop there... Of course she didn’t.

“An opening fashion show for the dance!?”

OMG!!!

With care, Rose

[S1Ep2.2 | My Reflection]

[S1Ep1.13 | Follow the Dream]

Comments

Popular Posts