Rose & Kat | S1Ep1.11 | I Could Try…

 PORTUGUÊS | ENGLISH

[...]

When I got home, I heard noises coming from the kitchen. Mum was there, getting things ready for the next day.

Rose: Hi, Mum.

Mrs. Marya: So, sweetheart, how was the party?

Rose: It went well. The girls performed, it was amazing.

Mrs. Marya: Did Charlie come home with you?

Rose: No, he stayed a little longer.

Mrs. Marya: What's with that face? Is everything okay?!

Rose: Yes… It's just that… Joan loved my present…

Mrs. Marya: That's good.

Rose: Yes. The thing is, she liked it so much that she thinks we could make some coin purses to sell, or even put them in a shop.

Mrs. Marya: If that's what you want.

Rose: I do, but I don't know how to do it.

Mrs. Marya: Well, the same way you do everything else that's important to you. By thinking it through carefully, making the necessary plans, and putting in plenty of hard work and dedication.

Rose: Do you think I should try?

Mrs. Marya: What I think is that tomorrow is a practice day, so you need to get up early. Sleep on it, and then make your decision.

Rose: Yes, you're right. See you tomorrow, Mum. Good night.

Mrs. Marya: Good night, sweetheart.

I went to my room, lost in thought. I got ready for bed, completely absorbed by the idea. After some time reflecting and looking over my drawings several times, I started to like the idea of sharing my creations. Of giving people a choice!

Being able to choose one piece made from the same material but in different colours, or in a different material but the same colour. Creating a space where people could come in and ask for exactly what they wanted, and, for those who needed help, having several suggestions to offer.

Maybe bringing that to people could be something good.

Still unsure, I started researching what I would need to create such a space. I found myself thinking:

“Trying can't hurt. At least, among so many doubts, after trying I'll have one certainty.”

Although, at the time, my biggest fear was whether people would accept my pieces and actually want them — because, in fact, I only made simple accessories from scraps of fabric Mum gave me — I couldn't deny that the idea of having a space filled with my creations, like the ones we see on television and in magazines, fascinated me.

And the more I dreamed with my eyes open, the more this vision of such a space took hold of me. The stronger my desire to try became.

I wasn't going to be able to do it alone.

Well... the idea was Joan's. Let's see what she thinks about embarking on this adventure!

With care, Rose

Comments

Popular Posts